Thursday, November 20, 2008

Racist Principle Apologizes for Column

And now in the news, yet another idiot has done a fabulous job of propagating the racist stereotype of the South.

Last week ,Stephen Lewis, a highschool principle, wrote his weekly column wich was filled with humorous jokes about the election.

Which would have been fine, if the article hadn't been filled with such racist caricatures and archetypes that you wonder if Lewis has his white cloak hanging in the closet.

Here is a "revised" version of the column:

Well we’re movin’ on up,
To Washington, D.C.
To a deee-luxe pimp pad,
Painted whiiiite.
Yeah we’re movin’ on up,
To the White House.
I’ll be jetting with P. Diddy cross the sky.

So as the S.... hit the fan, the contagion began. People read this racist crap > the town of Murfreesboro (yes I have relatives there) went into uproar > Lewis issued a formal apology to his school > loosen collar:: is it hot in here?

Yeah, so thanks a lot Lewis. When I left the South in 1998 for California (no, I was not mining for gold), it was hard enough to convince people that I wasn't a hillbilly. Antics such as yours explain why.

I think next Halloween, I will dress in black face and do a little mistral diddy.

Or better yet, I could just pretend that I am not from the South, thanks to people like you.

Racism, Politics



No comments:

Post a Comment