Friday, November 14, 2008

How to Dress for an Interview : Suit Up

Here is a fashion tip to all stay at home moms now looking to re-enter the workforce. The "interview suit " is back.
No more dressing down for a "creative" interview,wearing the ugliest thing in your closet for an "IT" interview, or balancing mature with hip. According to an article in the Times, employers are looking for an employee to arrive looking put togther, sharp, and ready to impress.
Says one headhunter, “We are back to a time when every company expected both women and men to wear suits and we didn’t have a Casual Friday..They are looking for a sharper style. I recommend a strong suit that says you are collected and ready to work.” (Here's hoping that Mad Men's smart suits were a contributing factor)
Personally, I think this is fabulous. I watch my husband go to work every morning and think how easy it is for him to decide what to wear. Suit, shirt, tie, shoes...all done. Us gals have been living with clothing option angst. Should I wear a dress, jacket, slacks, boots, are these jeans to tight for casual day, etc.
So, put your worries to rest, ladies. Head back to Brooks Brothers (are they still in business?) and suit up. (oh, and please don't forget to wear closed toes shoes:)

Dress for Interview, Fashion Trends

No comments:

Post a Comment