
I am unbelievably excited to announce that the Electric Company is back!
Remember Morgan Freeman with his big afro and Rita Moreno? Once while I was eating lunch in Napa, I got to meet her... She is one of my idols. But anyway....
Yes, soon all of our children will be learning to count to 20 in Spanish and singing Zimbabwean lullabies.
For many of us "honky" American kids of the 70's, The Electric Company was the first and only exposure we had to other cultures. Not because our parents were narrow minded, but the media of today didn't exist - nor did affordable airline fares. Seriously, I remember thinking that all kids in NYC were either Black or Hispanic. That was my world view in a time that the term "world view" didn't even exist.
The New Electric Company will preview in January of 2009. They have definitely paid credence to the original while making it attractive to the kids of today. The graphics are still bold, the tunes, catchy and the talented kids are amazing.
Below is my favorite skit from the original show. Check out Morgan Freeman's Afro!
And here is the 2009 Preview!
The Electric Company, PBS,
No comments:
Post a Comment