Thursday, October 23, 2008

Strange Ingredients Used in Cosmetics

I came across this and found it disgustingly interesting. Seems we have been using some very gross things all in the quest of beauty. This info was put together by a group of cosmetic scientists with the intention of informing, us - the uninformed consumer. Provided is a lit of the 10 strangest ingredients found in our cosmetics. Here's the kicker- not a single one of these ingredients has been proven to give any results. Nada, None, Nient!

Some of this stuff is not only gross but unethical (in my opinion). The one that struck me was the placenta extract. I did a little research on this stuff. What I found is that most of it is coming from China (no surprise) and quite often they are labeling it as human when it is actually animal. There is no guarantee that any of it has been sterilized. Seems that it is flash frozen and shipped here.

Now that I have you all grossed out, here is my question. Is this all worth it?

We pay up into 300.00 for a jar of face cream. This doesn't include cleansers, eye cream, exfoliate, and the occasional, Botox, - just for good measure. And, we don't really know if any of it works! Well, the Botox definitely does, but that is for another blog.

So, you know what I'm thinking?
Stop throwing your money away on expensive cosmeceuticals - just buy Olay. Save your money and get a face lift at 50! We know it works and if all goes well, you only have to do it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment